- The Breakfast Club, Inc., an African American breast cancer support group founded in 1997 by St. Louisian and breast cancer survivor Sherrill Jackson.
The Breakfast Club Inc. (BCI) began as a breast cancer support group serving primarily African American women residing in North St. Louis City and County. Over the years other programs have been implemented and the mission has broadened. Current mission is:To impact the St. Louis Metropolitan community through education, awareness, resources and support concerning breast health, breast cancer and breast cancer prevention and screening.
The Breakfast Club Inc. Goals are:
• To increase the rate of mammography screening, clinical breast exams and breast self-awareness among African American women residing in North St. Louis City and County.
• To decrease the incidence of late stage breast cancer in the target population.
• To increase the availability of breast cancer information, resources, navigation assistance and support to underserved women in the St. Louis community.
- The Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes – Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine is committed to early detection of breast cancer through mammography and other screening methods.
At Siteman, a dedicated team of Washington University radiologists and radiology technologists who specialize in mammography interpret more than 50,000 exams every year. That’s all they do, all day, every day. They are mammography experts with the skill, expertise and experience to make a difference.
Their expertise and experience means clear images the first time and every time. At Siteman we provide all digital breast imaging services including:
• 3-D mammography (tomosynthesis)
• Diagnostic mammograms
• Breast ultrasound
• Breast Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
• Minimally invasive breast biopsy
Schedule your Siteman mammogram today at one of our four Siteman Mammography Centers by calling 800-600-3606 or visit us online at sitemanmammogram.wustl.edu.
THE JOANNE KNIGHT BREAST HEALTH CENTER
Suite 5D, 4921 Parkview Pl
St Louis, MO 63110
BARNES-JEWISH WEST COUNTY HOSPITAL
969 N Mason Rd
Creve Coeur, MO 63141
HIGHLANDS MEDICAL BUILDING
1110 Highlands Plaza Dr E
St. Louis, MO 63110
- The Mercy Breast Center is devoted exclusively to breast care, diagnosis and treatment. The Breast Center is available to all women who need routine screenings or further diagnostic procedures and treatments. We ensure the most thorough assessment, plus the convenience and peace-of-mind of coordinated care for diagnosis, treatment and counseling. On-site capabilities and services include screening and diagnostics in digital mammography, breast ultrasounds, stereotactic and ultrasound guided core biopsies, needle localizations, MRIs, mobile mammogrpahy services and education and support. The Breast Center is a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence recognized by the American College of Radiology.